Thursday, May 20, 2010

Out of Hibernation

It's about time I get our website and blog up and running again. We've lost a player, added a few, had some practices, ordered new uniforms, and we're just about ready to break into another new softball season.

I set up the website to help everyone keep up with our schedule and share information about our team. If you aren't sure when our next game or practice will be or what the score was in a previous game, all you have to do it visit our team's website to find out.

I set up the blog for communication. While I hoped there would be a lot of traffic on the blog, it didn't quite work out that way. That's okay. Maybe more of you will get over your shyness and let your feelings be known in 2010. It not, that's okay, too.

As our season is about to begin, I am out of town for the third consecutive season. I have a tradition of taking a spring vacation with my brother and sometimes some close friends of ours. We like to visit battlefields and museums of the U.S. Civil War, the War of 1812, and our nation's War of Independence. We also squeeze in several baseball games and visits to other points of interest into these trips. For instance, last year we visited the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Niagara Falls, and the Erie Canal in the State of New York plus Capitol Hill, the Smithsonian Institution, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and several other sites in Washington D.C.

As I type this, I am on a plane to Atlanta to begin a tour of battlefields and ballparks in the deep south. I won't have any softball news to share so I will use this space to share some information and pictures from my trip. I'd like to see someone take the initiative and post some news about our practices or other team related business while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please keep it clean)