Saturday, April 23, 2011

IS IT PC FOR US TO BE THE PC BRICKS?

I wasn't involved in the naming of our team. I was told the name Bricks was inspired by the brick facade of the Frank Hagel Federal building. I'm not sure why "PC" was added to the name. The majority of us work in the WNPSC ("PC" for short) but we also have employees from the Richmond TSC and now the Berkeley FO.

Before the 2009 season I suggested that we drop the "PC" part of our name and just be the "Bricks." However, nobody else was interested in changing it. Brandon and I were talking about this last week and he agreed the "PC" part of our name doesn't really fit. He suggested I bring it up again.

Has the time come for us to stop being PC? We don't have to order new uniforms to drop it. We can do it in name only for now and drop it from the uniforms the next time we order a new style. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Well i voted to drop the "PC", esp since im ordering another jersey for this upcoming season...but the real question is, do others want to order a new jersey?? Either way i want a new jersey lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless we have an overwhelming majority favoring that we change it, I figure we should keep "PC" in our name. Though it may not really be descriptive of our team, it has a certain tradition. Kind of like the way we call the native people of this continent "Indians" even though we know they're not from India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only four members of the team voted to drop the "PC" from our name so it's apparent there's no mandate for change. We remain the PC Bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats fine Mark, but I want a new jersey as is...when is the order going thru?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to place the order Saturday. I'll be ordering jerseys and caps/visors for Rita, Nina, Kedi, Derrick, and Carlos. Anyone else who needs a new jersey or cap/visor should let me know by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. I left out Gabrielle, as The Coach reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want #9 & Hot Sauce on the back (xxl)Thank u Mark

    ReplyDelete

(Please keep it clean)