Friday, April 22, 2011

RUMORS, RUMORS, & MORE RUMORS

Hardly a day goes by without someone coming to me with a rumor about a player quitting our team or our team dropping out of the league. Mostly these rumors are completely false. A few have some basis in fact but have been so twisted and loaded with nonsense, they bear little resemblance to the truth. I urge you not to treat these unconfirmed rumors as the truth.

If a player has allegedly left or joined our team, I will seek confirmation and report it here. When someone comes to me and says, "Jane Doe just told me that John Q. Public has quit the team" I ask that person directly to see if it's true. Usually the answer is, "That's crazy. Where did they get that idea?" One time the rumor was that I had quit! How could I quit and not know anything about it? I assure you, if I ever decide to quit, I'll tell myself about it first.

Please keep in mind that these third-party reports from uninformed gossips are not reliable. Our team is in fine shape. We can probably stand to add one more woman to the roster but we are not falling apart as the rumors would suggest.

2 comments:

  1. THE LATEST RUMOR IS JAMES IS NOW AN TSC OUTLAW. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more than a rumor. James confirmed it. I'm sad to see James leave our team but we still have a strong roster. I guess I'll have to pitch until Richie's leg is ready to go.

    ReplyDelete

(Please keep it clean)