Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WHITHER THE BRICKS?

Thank you to the handful of players who showed up to practice yesterday and to the couple who let me know in advance they couldn't attend.

We have less than of a third of our team showing up to practice. Almost nobody responds when Gary or I try to take roll call. Our players show up late for the games or skip them entirely.


I have to ask myself why I'm busting my tail to organize everything and haul our equipment out to the park for a team that doesn't care. We used to care. We enjoyed the camaraderie and the teamwork. It's obvious only a small minority holds that kind of interest now. We have players chirping at their teammates about errors while others (who don't even show up for practice) complain that they don't get enough playing time. I have no tolerance for such boorish and selfish attitudes. If you folks want to mail it in for the rest of the season like we did in the second half last year, that's fine with me.

We have about a month left to prove we're still a team that enjoys playing together. I'm hoping to see the kind of commitment and respect that teammates deserve. If not, I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. COME ON PC BRICKS WE CAN GET IT TOGETHER. WE ARE ALL GROWN ADULTS.

    ReplyDelete

(Please keep it clean)