Thursday, August 5, 2010

Terminal Digits 13, PC Bricks 8

The TD's made the big plays when they needed them and we didn't. We didn't give up a lot on defense but we didn't hit after the first few innings. A big part of that was Ellery's pitching. He did a good job keeping us off balance and keeping his team in the game until they could get their bats going. He struck out five batters which I had never seen in a slow pitch softball game before. Nearly one quarter of the outs we made were strikeouts (five of twenty-one).



I'm concerned about the injuries suffered by Lena, Mandi, and Darlene. Poor Lena and Mandi took a couple of real hard shots to the face on bad hops. I didn't see where Darlene got hurt but according to Gary, her ankle is in pretty bad shape. Assuming Lena and Mandi are able to resume play next week, Gary and I may have to take them over to Blue Sky Sports to have them sized up for fielders masks such as those seen here. I talked to Tanya about these a few weeks ago after she had a couple of close calls with some bad hops at first base. We may need to grab a few of them.

I was pleased to see James's hand healed enough for him to wear a glove and swing a bat. It looks like we'll be able to count on him playing in next week's playoff opener. Now the big question is the our women. We know Gena will be out of town. With the status of Darlene, Lena, and Mandi in doubt, we may be extremely shorthanded. I'd hate to think we came all this way only to be unable to field a team in the playoffs.

In any event, the first round playoff schedule is settled as I explained in my previous post. We will play the Outlaws next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please keep it clean)