Friday, June 26, 2009

Master Blasters Tamed

It wasn't easy but we're sitting pretty at 2-0 after our 20-19 victory over the Master Blasters in come-from-behind fashion. Though we came out on top, I think the MB's exposed a couple weaknesses in our game. But these weaknesses aren't anything we can't patch up with a little extra work and fine tuning at our upcoming practices. I'm confident we will adapt and overcome. Our next game is against the Mod Squad who are also 2-0. Marcus and Lee did a lot to improve their team in the off-season and they look rock solid in 2009. Combine their improvement with our loss of Derrick and we could well have a difficult match on our hands. If we play as sloppily as we did against the MB's, we could easily come out on the short end of this one. So let's have a spirited practice on Monday and come out Tuesday with all guns blazing. If we play up to our true level of ability, I think we'll be fine.

4 comments:

  1. Phyche! Don't be Scuuuurrrddd Y'all.

    We're going to go easy on you! LOL

    Good Job on the Website Mark...

    Lee,
    Go Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lee. I have to admit it's been pretty fun putting this together. It's been mostly trial and error so far. I could probably give the team something really good if I knew what I was doing. I'm working on it, though.

    And good luck to the Mod Squad (when you're not playing us). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a fine job Sir, especially with the Stats and Batting averages.:-)

    I thought I was looking at the Oakland A's Score Box. LOL

    ReplyDelete

(Please keep it clean)