Thursday, June 11, 2009

Uniforms

Chiniqua is placing the order for our jerseys and caps today. I would guess that most of us who played last year aren't ordering a new jersey or cap. It's primarily our new team members who are being outfitted now. Last year, we wore black softball pants. Are we doing the same this year? Also, last year some of us wore black socks and belts while others wore maroon. I think it would be good if were all on the same page. What does everyone think? Should we put it to a vote or do we allow our Supreme Commander to decide? I prefer black pants myself. Getting the grass and blood stains out of white or gray pants isn't an easy task. It never seems so easy as it looks in the Tide commercials I see on TV. Stains aren't even visible on black pants. Besides, I think the black pants with maroon jerseys looks pretty cool. As far the socks and belts go, I have both colors so it doesn't much matter to me. I think maroon socks with black pants looks better than black & black but what do I know? I'm terminally unfashionable. I suppose the belts don't matter since it seems the team goes with shirts out. I was in Big 5 (El Cerrito) and Sports Authority (Oakland/Emeryville) after our practice on Tuesday and I found both stores had plenty of black softball pants for men and women.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I am finally on this thing. I agree that we all should be uniform. Have we come to a conclusion as to what we are wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to get some feedback. I've put in my two cents. How do the rest of you feel about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so the only thing i suggest for my 8 cents is i would love for us to wear actual fitted Phillies hats, i hate those cheap "FH wateva who aint paying for them" hats. what yall think??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALSO we do gotta look right and tight!!!!! SINCE WE ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that a New Era fitted cap would be nice but there's a problem with fitted caps -- the sizes are inconsistent. I own about fifty baseball caps. Even though the majority of them are made by New Era, a size 7-1/2 fits me in some of them and a 7-5/8 fits me in the others. Knowing your hat size isn't enough. The cap has to be tried on.

    Those one-size-fits-all caps may not be made of the best materials and the strap on the back is bush league but we know the color matches our jerseys and they will fit on our heads because they're adjustable.

    As much as I would prefer a better cap, I think we should stick with the FHFB caps for this year, especially since they've already been ordered. Perhaps for next season we could get an early start and custom order better hats and jerseys. You know, if we have someone on the team who is artistic, we could come up with our own logo and have it put on our jerseys and caps. Something like a cartoonish brick swinging a bat or throwing a softball. I was thinking along the lines of the old Oakland Oaks basketball team logo with a humanized acorn dribbling a basketball.

    Besides all that, I'm not exactly enamored with the notion of wearing a Phillies cap. It wouldn't be as bad as wearing a stinkin' Giants cap but my A's fandom would have a tough time wearing the cap of the former cross-town rivals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting back to the softball pants, how does everyone feel about sticking with black again this year? I vote yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i vote yes but mark where can i find some black pants that are the big down to the heel like manny ramirez pants be????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you how much I detest those Manny-Jammies. But I did see them at the Sports Authority in San Leandro. I assume the Sport Authority at Oakland/Emeryville and Sunvalley Mall in Concord have them also.

    ReplyDelete

(Please keep it clean)