Sunday, June 14, 2009

Opening Week Is Here!

We're practicing Tuesday and opening our season Wednesday against SWAT. I'll have new softballs for us to practice with Tuesday. I should have taken care of this a few weeks ago. The two buckets of balls from last year have gotten pretty soft and don't play anything like the game balls we'll be using. Can we get one of our well-connected teammates to check with the Richmond Recreation Department about the availability of diamond #3 at Nichol Park on Tuesday? I'd really like to hold our practice on a diamond with a good infield. If the PAL baseball teams don't have dibs on it, I'll go over there early to make sure we get it. If necessary, let's rent it to guarantee it's ours for the afternoon. I don't want to unload the equipment from my truck, then pack it back up, move to another park and unload it again. I've done this several times the past few weeks and frankly, I've had enough of it. I also don't want to waste our time on a field that's in such wretched shape we can't really practice. The third diamond at Nichol Park is nearly perfect for us. It's near the office, it's in good shape and it's away from a lot of distractions so we can focus on what we're doing. What will it take to get this done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please keep it clean)