Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Underwhelming Turnout

Our next opponent is 2-0 and the only team that has ever beaten us. One would expect us to have an enthusiastic turnout Monday afternoon to prepare for such a big game. We had a great practice last week and I was expecting more of the same this week. But no. There were only five of us who could be bothered. I postponed an appointment I made months ago so I could be there. I was getting real pumped up for this game but after seeing how little the team cares about it, I'm kind of depressed. Is it wrong to feel let down? Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way. Maybe most of the team is so good, practice isn't necessary. Is that it? Thanks, Gena, Bobby, Lynecia, and Chiniqua for coming out. We weren't able to do much but at least we got to work on catching some high flies and pop-ups. I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones who needed it, though. On the positive side, those who were there worked really hard and made some pretty good progress. If we can get that kind of effort from our entire team week after week, I'm certain our outfield coverage will improve substantially. Oh, and thanks for trying Coach. (Gary arrived just as we were on our way out of the park.) (SIGH)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please keep it clean)